Look below for a comprehensive list of activities taking place during Heart Failure Awareness Week 2022!
Originally recorded Tuesday, February 15: 12:00 PM ET
This livestreamed discussion and Q&A featured four nationally renowned heart failure specialists answering questions submitted by real patients and caregivers. Watch the playback above or click "Learn More" below to find other ways to watch.
Thank you to the following members of HFSA and the HFSA Communications Committee (2021-2022) for their work on this activity:
- Eiran Z. Gorodeski, MD, MPH, FACC, FHFSA - Discussion Moderator
- Kaushik Jain, DO, FACC, FHFSA - Panelist
- Sara Paul, DNP-FNP - Panelist
- Monique Robinson, MD, PhD - Panelist
- Marc Silver, MD - Behind-the-scenes question moderator
Wednesday, February 16: 12:00 PM EST | Twitter | Follow hashtag #HFChat2022
Join HFSA and other heart failure-focused organizations on Twitter for a lively discussion on heart failure. The purpose of the chat is to provide healthcare providers and heart failure patients with an overview on the status of heart failure and to discuss ways to improve quality of care and expand heart failure awareness.
Tune in for a NEW EPISODE to be released during Heart Failure Awareness Week! The episode will feature a discussion on Optimizing the Heart Failure Patient-Provider Relationship - Have you ever felt nervous to ask your doctors and nurses questions about your condition? Do you ever feel stuck and unsure of what your symptoms mean? Tune into this podcast episode featuring a conversation between Dr. Brittany Clayborne – a 36-year-old mother that was in perfect health until 26 years of age being diagnosed with condition called Peripartum Cardiomyopathy – and her physician Dr. Mark Drazner, HFSA President and Clinical Chief of Cardiology at University of Texas Southwestern Medical Center, Dallas, TX.
Heart Failure affects over 6.5 million people globally. Each month, join the Heart Failure Society of America as we interview patients, caregivers, and heart failure clinicians highlighting key things patients and caregivers need to know about healthy living with heart failure. Listen to episodes and subscribe to the podcast >>
The Heart Failure Beat: Healthy Living series is part of the Heart Failure Awareness 365 campaign led by HFSA. Learn more about the campaign >>
Spread awareness to heart failure patients and their families about the Heart Failure Society of America’s tools and educational resources. Become a promoter of Heart Failure Awareness Week at SpiralShare, and share our content on your social media. With your help we can reach more people!
How to become a promoter:
- View the campaign page
- Click the "Media" icon in the menu and download your favorite graphic(s)
- Click the social media channel icon in the menu to select content to edit or post as-is
- Click the email icon in the menu to find sample content to include in an email or newsletter
- Patient Resources
- FACES Infographics ( Patient Version / Provider Version)
- Learn About Heart Failure
- Heart Failure - The Basics: A Patient's Guide
- Patient Education Modules
- Patient Tools
- Patient Webinar Series
- Talking With Your Patients About HF: A Clinician’s Guide
All HFSA patient resources are located on the website.
Don't miss a beat of Heart Failure Awareness Week news, activities, and resources! Follow HFSA on social media:
- Instagram - patient and caregiver focused content - @HeartFailureSociety
- Facebook - patient and caregiver focused content - Heart Failure Society of America
- Twitter - provider focused content with some references to patient and caregiver content - @HFSA
- LinkedIn - provider focused content - Heart Failure Society of America