Tachy Beats - Quick interviews with interesting people in the heart failure field. An extension of the original Heart Failure Beat podcast.
Michael Beasley, MD sits down with Jennifer Cowger, MD, MS, one of the co-authors on the recently released HFSA Expert Consensus Statement on the Medical Management of Patients on Durable Mechanical Circulatory Support, to learn key takeaways from the statement.
- Michael Beasley, MD, Assistant Professor of Medicine at the Yale New Haven Hospital @MHBeasleyMD
Jennifer Cowger, MD, MS, Section Head of Advanced Heart Failure, MCS, and Transplant, Henry Ford Health @preventfailure
- Barry Trachtenberg, MD, Jennifer Cowger, MD, MS. “HFSA Expert Consensus Statement on the Medical Management of Patients on Durable Mechanical Circulatory Support ” Journal of Cardiac Failure, 2023 https://www.onlinejcf.com/article/S1071-9164(23)00039-8/fulltext
1) Abbott, IL: paid speaker, research related travel funds (2017), medical advisory board, steering committee for Tendyne and Cephea valves, publication committee for HeartMate 3 clinical trial; institutional support for clinical trials on HM3 and Tendyne
2) Medtronic, MN: paid speaker, study steering committee member and national PI (2017-present) for DT-PAS and Apogee trials, advisory board, institutional support for clinical trial.
3) Procyrion, TX: Advisory board member and steering committee member for the Aortix pilot and pivotal trial. 2018-present. Stock options in the Aortix device.
4) Endotronix- Steering committee member for the Cordella device used in the Proactive HF trial. 2019-present. Unpaid.
5) Zoll Medical, MA : speaker for fellow education activities in 2021, 2022, 2023.
6) BioVentrix, CA: Steering committee member for ALIVE trial and speaker/educator.
7) Nuwellis, MN. Steering committee member for Restore-HF trial. Unpaid.
8) BiVACOR, TX. DSMB member.
9) CorWave, France: Consultant
10) Berlin Heart, Inc: Steering committee member for Excor pediatric VAD.