To Members of the Heart Failure Society of America:
The 2023 Annual Scientific Meeting in Cleveland is just weeks away. If you haven’t registered for the meeting, go here to do so. What are some of the exciting events and sessions you can expect at ASM 2023?
- Plenary Sessions. There is so much inspiring science that we needed two plenary sessions dedicated to late breaking research. The Sunday Plenary Session will feature the trials STEP-HFpEF, REBALANCE-HF, ANTHEM-HFrEF, GUIDE-HF, and PARAGLIDE/PIONEER. The Monday Plenary includes an update on Omecamtiv Mecarbil, Reduce-LAP, STRONG-HF safety, NRG1 Inhibitor, and Trientene HCL.
- Rapid Fire Oral Abstract Session. On Saturday afternoon, there is an additional rapid fire oral abstract session that will highlight novel strategies for heart failure management. Eight abstracts will be presented in this one-hour session!
- Abstract Presentations. This year there will be more opportunities than ever to engage with abstract presenters with seven ePoster Viewing Sessions and seven Oral Abstract Sessions in the Exhibit Hall. The Oral Abstract Stage in the Exhibit Hall will utilize Assisted Listening Technology (attendees use earphones to eliminate background noise) to allow for better engagement.
- First Annual HFSA Case Competition. In this Friday afternoon session, five cases were selected from a large pool of abstracts submitted during a special call for cases. During this session, the cases will be presented and judged by two moderators and the audience. The winning case will be named the Inaugural Case Competition Winner. Plan to arrive early in Cleveland for this session!
- The State of the Specialty Town Hall Forum. To kick off the meeting on Friday evening, plan to attend this session to hear a discussion about the HFSA AHFTC Consensus Conference recommendations, stakeholder perspectives from fellows, program directors, nurses, and underrepresented minorities. The session concludes with a panel discussion.
- The Heart of Rock & Roll Reception. On Sunday night HFSA takes over the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame! This event is free to all registrants.
- Great Debates. To conclude ASM 2023, attend the Great Debates. The debates this year include:
- Management of AF in HF: Ablation for All or Medical Therapy First?
- Change is Constant: The Heart Transplant Allocation System: Time for Change
- What’s in a Name? Time to Abandon “Heart Failure”?
If you are already registered for the meeting, tell a colleague about the new and exciting things happening at ASM 2023 and get them to register. And I’ll see you in Cleveland!
John Teerlink, MD, FHFSA
HFSA President 2022-2023