Updated: June 22, 2022
The health and safety of attendees and participants at the HFSA Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM) 2022 at the Gaylord National Harbor in Washington, DC from September 30-October 3 is our highest priority. As we get closer to the meeting, HFSA will continue to monitor the status of COVID-19, particularly the status of local directives at the Gaylord National Harbor, in Prince George’s County and in the state of Maryland.
Additionally, HFSA will offer a virtual option for those preferring to experience ASM 2022 virtually, though it will not be as robust as the in-person meeting.
Frequently Asked Questions
Masks are not currently required, however, we are supportive of any attendee who wishes to wear a mask while in attendance, and will have disposable masks onsite for their convenience. HFSA will follow any local directives in place at the time of the meeting at the Gaylord National Harbor, in Prince George’s County and in the state of Maryland.
Vaccinations are not currently required but encouraged. As stated previously, HFSA will follow any local directives in place at the time of the meeting at the Gaylord National Harbor, in Prince George’s County and in the state of Maryland.
Yes, registered attendees will be given the option of three colored lanyards at registration:
- Red lanyards mean no physical contact wanted.
- Yellow lanyards mean attendee is ok with elbow contact.
- Greens lanyards mean hugs are welcome.
- COVID-19 vaccinations encouraged
- Hotel mobile app check-in/out available
- Screens / computers / printers will be setup at the registration desk to allow for contact-less badge printouts
- Offering color coded meeting lanyards/badges (red, yellow, green) to easily communicate attendee social distancing preferences on-site.
- Sanitation stations can be found throughout meeting rooms, hallways, and registration areas
- All sessions and events will be held onsite at the hotel to minimize need for additional travel