July 2023's Heart Failure Awareness 365 campaign is focusing on: Pregnancy and Heart Failure
Peripartum Cardiomyopathy (PPCM), also known as Postpartum Cardiomyopathy, is an uncommon form of heart failure that happens during the last month of pregnancy or up to five months after giving birth. Learn more about the signs and symptoms, as well as hear stories from patients who have experienced it.
- Peripartum Cardiomyopathy Resources - What exactly is Peripartum Cardiomyopathy? Learn more about the signs and symptoms of PPCM, as well as the support groups available.
- Instagram Live Discussion: Peripartum Cardiomyopathy and Patient-Provider Relationships - Tune in as patient advocate, Brittany Clayborne, Psy.D, is joined by one of her doctors, Jennifer Thibodeau, MD, MSCS, to discuss her experience with Peripartum Cardiomyopathy and more.
- Function Not Failure: Denise Redeker' Story - Denise Redeker was diagnosed with heart failure at the age of 29 after giving birth to her son. Years later, she was in need of a heart transplant. See what going from failure to function looked like for her.
- Living with Heart Failure: Brittany Davis' Story - Brittany was diagnosed with heart failure when she was just 20 weeks pregnant with her son. Left with the decision to terminate her pregnancy, she found a doctor who had the same hope she did for her and her son. Learn how Brittany soldiered on to delivery, and how her life has changed since her experience.
- How Common is Peripartum Cardiomyopathy? During Heart Failure Awareness Week 2023, our Twitter Chat featured this question on PPCM. Learn how common it is, as well as advice on what to do if you are diagnosed.
- Heart Failure Beat Healthy Living Podcast: Optimizing the Heart Failure Patient-Provider Relationship - Tune into this podcast episode featuring a conversation between patient advocate, Brittany Clayborne, Psy.D – a mother that was in perfect health until 26 years of age after being diagnosed with a condition called Peripartum Cardiomyopathy – and her physician Mark Drazner, MD, MSC. Learn more about Peripartum Cardiomyopathy, how it's usually treated, and how to best optimize your relationship with your care team.
- Cleveland Clinic: Peripartum Cardiomyopathy - Learn more about the symptoms, causes, treatment, and prevention of this condition.