September 2023's Heart Failure Awareness 365 campaign is focusing on: Cardiomyopathy
How is cardiomyopathy related to heart failure, you may ask? The many types of cardiomyopathy are actually frequent causes of heart failure. If you have cardiomyopathy, it's important to understand your diagnosis in order to live the best quality of life. Learn more about the different types of cardiomyopathy, as well as the causes and symptoms of these heart muscle diseases.
- Peripartum Cardiomyopathy (PPCM) Resources - Everything you need to know about PPCM. Learn more and find resources.
- The Importance of Knowing Your Risk for Related Conditions - Tune in to this podcast episode of the Heart Failure Beat Healthy Living to learn how to recognize your risk for related conditions and know what conversations you should be having with your doctor. Listen now.
- Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy: A serious heart condition that may be hiding in plain sight (Sponsored by Bristol Myers Squibb) - Hypertrophic cardiomyopathy, or HCM, is a lifelong heart condition where the heart muscle wall thickens, stiffens, and makes it harder for the heart to pump oxygenated blood throughout the body. Learn more about HCM.
- DCM Foundation: About Dilated Cardiomyopathy (DCM) - Did you know PPCM is a form of DCM? Learn more about the causes, including genetics, and how it is related to heart failure.
- Cleveland Clinic: Arrhythmogenic Right Ventricular Dysplasia/Cardiomyopathy (ARVD/C) - ARVD/C is the reason some young athletes have sudden cardiac arrest. Learn more of the facts.