October 2023's Heart Failure Awareness 365 campaign focuses on: Amyloidosis
What is Amyloidosis, and what does it have to do with heart failure? Learn everything you need to know about amyloidosis, the different types, as well as how it can lead to heart failure.
- Cardio Bites - What is Amyloidosis? - What exactly is Amyloidosis?. Learn from our newest mobile-friendly, bite-sized video series, Cardio Bites!
- The Importance of Knowing Your Risk for Related Conditions - Tune in to this podcast episode of the Heart Failure Beat Healthy Living to learn how to recognize your risk for related conditions and know what conversations you should be having with your doctor. Listen now.
- Like Father, Like Daughter: The Connection Between Genetics and Hereditary ATTR-CM (Sponsored by Pfizer) - Receiving a diagnosis for a serious and life-threatening disease can be life-altering, especially when you learn the disease is the same one your father had. Learn more about ATTR-CM.
- Uncovering the Mystery: One Man's Journey With ATTR-CM (Sponsored by Pfizer) - Can you imagine living 11 years with a life-threatening disease you didn't know you had? For Walt, that's how long it took to learn that his symptoms were caused by transthyretin amyloid cardiomyopathy. Learn more.
- Amyloidosis Foundation: A is for Amyloidosis - Learn the facts about Amyloidosis, from what it is to the different types.
- American Heart Association: What is hATTR Amyloidosis? - Hereditary amyloidosis, or hATTR, is an inherited condition that causes amyloid fibrils to build up in the heart, nerves, and other organs and tissues. Learn more about genetic testing, diagnosis, and next steps.