The Heart Failure Society of America is seeking applications for the position of Editor-in-Chief of their societal journal, Journal of Cardiac Failure (JCF).
JCF publishes original, peer-reviewed communications of scientific excellence and review articles on clinical research, basic human studies, animal studies, and bench research with potential clinical applications to heart failure - pathogenesis, etiology, epidemiology, pathophysiological mechanisms, assessment, prevention, and treatment.
The new Editor’s term will begin in November 2020. JCF is a monthly publication.
- Current academic appointment, and strong evidence of scholarly pursuits.
- Broad and in-depth knowledge of the field of heart failure.
- Substantial experience in writing, editing, and reviewing scientific articles.
- Ability to plan, coordinate, and manage tasks associated with journal publication and production.
- Demonstrated ability in administration and leadership.
- Intention to cultivate the journal as a primary interest. Estimated time commitment: 30%.
- Understanding of, and appreciation for, the potential and possibilities of new media, social media, and digital and electronic publication.
- Understanding of the Open Access publishing model, trends, and competitive landscape.
- The ideal candidate will have served in a significant leadership role in a journal, e.g., Editor, Deputy Editor, Associate Editor, or Assistant Editor.
Information and Application Deadlines:
The term for the JCF Editor-in-Chief is negotiable.
Contact Meredith Hurt (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information about JCF and the scope of responsibilities of the Editor-in-Chief.
To apply, please submit a letter of application addressing your qualifications for the position, along with a brief statement of your vision for this journal. Letters of application should be addressed to the HFSA Board of Directors and sent via e-mail to Meredith Hurt (email@example.com).
Deadline for submission of applications is October 1, 2020.