The JCF Reviewer Mentorship Program provides a structured program on how to conduct and write an effective peer review on a wide range of paper types typically seen in scientific academic journals. The program first launched in 2022 with a pilot group of 13 mentees and seven mentors.
This 9-month long program involves pairing mentees with mentors (skilled experienced reviewers) to conduct reviews on selected papers submitted to JCF in real-time. Coupled with these assignments are curated monthly didactic sessions to cover review conduct, statistics pearls, the importance of reviewing with the lens of Diversity Equity Inclusion and Belonging, among others on a virtual platform.
Graduates of the program receive a Certificate of Completion and a letter sent to their institutional leadership about their participation and completion of the program. Previous graduates have also been invited to lead editorials for publication in JCF.
The deadline to apply for the 2023 JCF Reviewer Mentorship program is now past and JCF is no longer accepting applications for this cohort group. Information on application deadlines for the 2024 cohort will be available in October 2023.
2022 JCF Peer Review Mentorship Program Graduates:
- Katherine Clark, MD Yale University
- Ersilia DeFilippis, MD Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Elissa Driggin, MD Columbia University Irving Medical Center
- Meg Fraser, DNP, ANP University of Minnesota
- Sarah Hale, MD Northwestern University
- William Kuan, PharmD University of Kentucky
- Scott Lundgren, DO University of Nebraska Medical Center
- Yosef Manla, MD, Cleveland Clinic Abu Dhabi
- Kenechukwu Mezue, MD Massachusetts General Hospital
- Carlos Molina Abos, MD, Fundació de Gestió Sanitària de L`Hospital de la Santa Creu Sant Pau
- Dan Silverman, MD Medical Unviersity of South Carolina
Thank you to the 2022 JCF Peer Review Program Mentors:
- Andrew Ambrosy, MD KaiserPermante
- Josip a. Borovac, MD, PhD University Hospital of Split
- Howard Eisen, MD Pennsylvania State University
- Colleen McIlvennan, DNP, PhD University of Colorado
- Alanna Morris, MD Emory University
- Pierpaolo Pellicori, MD, University of Glasgow
- Clyde Yancy, MD Northwestern University