To Members of the Heart Failure Society of America:
Anyone who stops learning is old, whether at twenty or eighty. Anyone who keeps learning stays young.
When you think about education available through HFSA, is your first thought the Annual Scientific Meeting (ASM)? The ASM is our premier yearly educational opportunity, and the HFSA also provides education year-round to help you meet your educational goals. Visit the HFSA Learning Center to discover opportunities available to all members of the heart failure care team.
In the past year, the Learning Center has been revamped with new content, with a variety of learning formats added on a frequent basis. Some of the engaging offerings at the Learning Center include:
Some examples of the current work being performed by HFSA’s committees include:
- Heart Failure Seminars Series. This includes the three completed seminars (GDMT, guidelines, and percutaneous and surgical interventions) and the opportunity to register for the upcoming seminar on heart failure devices launching live and OnDemand on June 22
- ASM 2022 OnDemand. You can purchase access to over 40 sessions from ASM 2022 with the full package or select the more focused Core Learning Pathway with 9.25 MOC credits and eight key sessions. If you are a pharmacist, select the Pharmacy Bundle with 21 CPE credits and 19 key sessions
- Heart Failure Beat Podcast. A link to each episode of HFSA’s official podcast for HF professionals is available each month in the Learning Center, complementary to all HFSA members
- Optimal Medical Therapy in Heart Failure Certificate Program. OMT-HF is an assessment-based certificate program that recognizes the role that non-heart failure specialists play in OMT for patients with heart failure
- HFSA Heart Failure Certification. HF-Cert recognizes providers who have demonstrated advanced-level knowledge and skill to provide competent heart failure services in the US
- Industry Perspective Program. There are six programs created by HFSA’s key Industry Partners on a variety of topics, including gene therapy, chronic heart failure treatment and many more
The Learning Center is easy to use. You can search using quick access menu links by most popular programs, educational offerings, ASM, certificate and certification programs, industry educational offerings and by keyword with help from the search bar. If you prefer to browse all offerings, just click on the catalog icon, and see everything available. You can even sort the catalog offerings by price, popularity, most recent, most relevant, and alphabetically.
As I think about the mission of HFSA - which is to provide a platform to improve and expand heart failure care through collaboration, education, innovation, research and advocacy – I am reminded that education is one of the core pillars. With the support of strong committees, including Education, ASM Program, Data in Heart Failure, Research, and Scientific Statements (as well as our amazing journal – Journal of Cardiac Failure) HFSA and our Learning Center is the go-to for your education needs.
I encourage you to take a minute and check out the Learning Center. And keep on learning!
John Teerlink, MD, FHFSA
HFSA President 2022-2023