The Heart Failure Society of America is pleased to announce that Mark Drazner, MD, MSc, FHFSA of UT Southwestern Medical Center has been selected to serve as President for the 2021-2022 term at HFSA. Beginning in October, Dr. Drazner will serve as President-Elect for the 2020-2021 term with Nancy Albert, RN, PhD, FHFSA of the Cleveland Clinic serving as President for the 2020-2021 term.
HFSA is also pleased to announce that John Teerlink, MD, FHFSA of the San Francisco Veterans Affairs Medical Center and the University of California San Francisco has been selected to serve as Treasurer for the 2020-2021 term and Mona Fiuzat, PharmD, FHFSA of Duke University has been selected as Secretary for the 2020-2022 term.
HFSA Board members renewed for an additional term (length of terms varied to establish staggered terms for the Board):
- Maria Rosa Costanzo, MD, FACC, FAHA, FESC of the Advocate Heart Institute
- James C. Fang, MD, FHFSA of the University of Utah
- Michael Felker, MD, FHFSA of the Duke Clinical Research Institute
- Gregg C. Fonarow, MD, FACC, FAHA, FHFSA of the UCLA David Geffen School of Medicine
- Michael M. Givertz, MD, FHFSA of Brigham and Women’s Hospital and Harvard Medical School