November 2023's Heart Failure Awareness 365 campaign focuses on: Diabetes & Heart Failure
Did you know you are at an increased risk for developing heart failure if you have diabetes? Know your risk and learn more about how to manage both heart failure and diabetes.
- The Importance of Knowing Your Risk for Related Conditions - Tune in to this podcast episode of the Heart Failure Beat Healthy Living to learn how to recognize your risk for related conditions and know what conversations you should be having with your doctor. Listen now.
- Module 8: Managing Other Chronic Conditions - About one-third of individuals with heart failure also have diabetes. If not controlled, diabetes can worsen heart health. Learn how you can manage both diabetes and heart failure, along with additional chronic medical conditions.
- Heart Failure: Managing Heart Failure & Diabetes - Learn more about the relationship between heart failure and diabetes, including the importance of self-care, management, and treatment.
- Heart Failure Matters: Diabetes for Patients with Heart Failure - Many people with heart failure are diagnosed with type II Diabetes. Learn more about managing both conditions.
- American Heart Association: Diabetes Risk Factors - Family history, race or ethnicity, and age all play a role in your diabetes risk. Learn how to best manage your diabetes, and in turn, manage your heart failure symptoms.