The Heart Failure Society of America rents its Membership mailing list for direct mailing and some electronic mailings. HFSA requires pre-approval of all items to be mailed and is the sole judge of the suitability of materials for mailing to Memberships. HFSA reserves the right to deny requests where the purpose or use may not be considered in the best interests of HFSA or the intended recipients.
Non-profit institutions wishing to rent the mailing list for educational purposes may purchase mailing labels at a reduced fee. HFSA may require verification of an organization's non-profit status.
HFSA will not be bound by conditions printed or appearing on order blanks or copy instructions that conflict with provisions of its rate card.
Rental of the HFSA Membership mailing lists to vendors and outside entities does not constitute an endorsement or guarantee of the product or service being marketed. Unless expressly agreed by HFSA in writing, any representation by the buyer(s) and/or his client(s) or agent(s), whether overt of implied, of HFSA endorsement or guarantee of a product or service is prohibited.
HFSA specifically prohibits use of its membership names and addresses for the following purposes:
- Announcements of opening or positions at companies/institutions.
- Membership recruitment mailings or related promotions for external organizations.
- Announcements of education programs, equipment or other products and services not related in some way to the field of Heart Failure except for specific HFSA-sponsored membership programs/services provided by commercial firms.
- All requests must be submitted in writing and include an explanation of information being communicated or copy of material to be sent. Requests must be received no less than 10 business days prior to date of use.
- Requested lists are to be used within 30 days as information becomes outdated.
- Requests will be approved by HFSA staff.
- The lists will not be provided for promotion of education events and programs taking place within 30 days before or after the HFSA Annual Meeting.
- Information being sent to the Memberships cannot conflict with the HFSA's mission and should be aligned with the HFSA's academic leadership goals and objectives.
Direct mailing list brokers or other third parties soliciting the HFSA Membership mailing labels on behalf of a client assume total responsibility for timely payment to HFSA, regardless of the client's payment standing with the broker or third party. Use of the list is for one-time only and limited exclusively to the specific offer or service as described in the mailing sample submitted in conjunction with the order form.
The use of the HFSA Membership mailing lists in any of the ways prohibited above shall be cause for, at a minimum, permanent disqualification of the buyer(s) and/or his client(s) or agent(s) from use of the HFSA Membership mailing lists. Violation of this policy as set forth above may also be grounds for legal action.
The Mailing Lists cost are approved by the HFSA Executive Committee.
(Approved by Executive Committee on 12-04-18)
(Amended by Executive Committee on 10-29-19)