Check back soon for rates, advance registration deadlines, and more!
Note: Advanced Non-Member Registration Fees include 2020 HFSA Membership dues and a subscription to the Journal of Cardiac Failure!
Press inquiries can be sent to Laura Poko at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Press registration coming soon!
Press credentials to cover the HFSA Annual Scientific Meeting will be granted to representatives of the following news media outlets:
- General circulation newspapers or magazines
- Wire services
- Medical, Science, Pharmaceutical, Nursing, and Allied Health Care publications
- Broadcast media
- Web site media
- Accredited medical and science freelance writers
- Accredited media relations/public relations representatives of nonprofit health organizations
Please be aware that camera crews must be escorted by an HFSA representative. Any filming will require written approval from the HFSA.
To receive a complimentary press badge, reporters and writers must show one of the following credentials:
- Press card
- Business card clearly stating affiliation and position Must be identified as an editor, publisher, writer, reporter, or producer.
- Letter on official letterhead from an editor of a publication, web site, or from a producer of a program certifying the person is covering the meeting for the respective organization
- National Association of Science Writers, International Association of Science Writers membership card
- Science journalism students will receive credentials by providing a letter on official school letterhead and signed by a department adviser
Complimentary press badges will not be issued to:
- Advertising sales representatives of publications
- Spouses and other guests of journalists attending the meeting
- Advertising, marketing, or public relations representatives from exhibiting companies or their agencies
- Representatives of organizations selling or producing publications, video, or audio tapes or websites intended for marketing, advertising or public relations purposes.
Individuals with complimentary HFSA press badges may not:
- Sell, market, or represent a company for the purpose of obtaining advertising or subscriptions from any registrant or exhibitor
- Market a product or service displayed on the HFSA exhibit floor
- Misrepresent themselves to secure press credentials to cover the meeting
- Conduct product promotion that implies HFSA endorsement, or use the HFSA logo and/or name without the express written permission of HFSA’ s CEO
- Receive CE or CME credits for attending sessions.
- Attend “By Invitation Only” sessions and events
Individuals with complimentary HFSA press badges who violate this policy will immediately forfeit press credentials for this and subsequent meetings.
If the Scientific Meeting will serve as an organization’s choice venue for the presentation of new research or data, the HFSA maintains the right to embargo all information until the presentation of material at the Scientific Meeting
Abstracts accepted are embargoed for release until the time of presentation at the Heart Failure Society of America’s Annual Scientific Meeting.
The standard is that any company can announce at any time the following:
- Announcement that trial is completed
- That results will be presented at so and so date in such and such a meeting
- What did the trials assess – basic design, questions, study population, interventions etc.
NO RESULTS AT ALL OR ANY HINTS OF RESULTS INDIRECTLY
All registration cancellation and refund requests must be made in writing by August 2, 2020. A refund of all fees, minus $80 administration fee, will be given for cancellations received by that date. No refunds will be granted for requests postmarked after August 2, 2020. Substitutions are gladly accepted! A transfer of your full registration to another individual is permitted prior to the conference by submitting written request to email@example.com. All transfers, including onsite transfers, must be accompanied by proof of the original confirmation letter. The individual submitting the transfer request is responsible for all financial obligations (any balance due based on member/non-member pricing, etc.) associated with that substitution. Funds from the program may not be transferred to another program.