The 2020 HFSA Annual Scientific Meeting is intended for physicians, nurses, nurse practitioners, pharmacists, scientists, and health care professionals who specialize or have an interest in heart failure.
Submission Deadline: July 6, 2020
HFSA is looking for imaginative, insightful and humorous submissions for the 2020 Hyde Park Session. Presentations should be clever and should challenge current opinion. The audience should laugh its way to new insights. Each presentation will be followed by 5 minutes of challenging and sometimes lively discussions. Submissions will be judged based on originality and potential interest for the audience. Up to six abstracts will be selected for presentation in the Hyde Park Session.
Speakers will have the opportunity to expound for 10 minutes on any topic related to heart failure. Hyde Park is a democratically structured session, unfettered by the usual standards of peer review.
Speakers may wish to:
- Present a novel hypothesis, which may or may not be supported by real data
- Present a contrarian point of view, just for the fun of taking an unpopular position
- Posit, complain, cajole or provoke, in an effort to force audience reactions that run the gamut from disbelief to reluctant acceptance.
Take a look at a previous Hyde Park sessions for examples of what imaginative and humorous presentations you can expect.
Some recent Hyde Park Presentations included:
- What I Could Do with a Month, a Year or Imagine 5 Years Cost of Tafamidis
- A Modest Proposal: Unlike Jonathan Swift, I Am Not Suggestion You Eat Your Children
- Things That Frustrate Me, What I Would Like Out Fellows and New Faculty To Solve
- Gain Frame This: “Opting Out” of Poorly Designed Organ Donation Policies
- The Heart Failure Hospice Cruise: Welcome Aboard the USS CHF
- What if the LVAD were a drug?
- Make Heart Failure Great Again: Starring Lasix as President Donald J Trump
- TRUTH – an LVAD Survival Score
- Why are we getting our backsides kicked by oncology? Five Steps to “Making Heart Failure Great Again”
- Diuretics: A Devil's Bargain in Acute Heart Failure?
- Make Education Great Again (#MEGA)
- Enter More Data to Save Patient Lives
- Heart Failure Clinicians Should Stop Looking at Pacing as a “Blackbox” and Learn it Intricacies Instead
Gather the following information:
- Session Information: Session title, Description, Learning Objectives, and Session Type
- Moderators: Full names, institution and email for two moderators
- Speakers: Full name, institution, presentation title, presentation description, presentation length for talks/speakers for the proposed 60-90 minute session.
- Submitter Information: Full name, institution, address and any disclosures relevant to the session proposal
Proposals are due by January 19, 2020. Review begins right away and late proposals will not be accepted.
All proposals will be considered by the Program Committee through a rigorous and multi-stage review process in a genuine effort to ensure the best possible scientific program containing high-quality sessions. The Program Committee reserves the right to modify, combine, and revise all proposals, including both content and proposed speakers/moderators.
It is important to stress that only a fraction of the submitted proposals can be selected for inclusion in the final HFSA 2020 Program.
The 2020 Advance Program and initial speaker invitations will be announced in April 2020.